It is a difficult decision to decide which flooring option you need to opt. In this, article we are giving advantages and disadvantages of each flooring option. We have provided few of the points for each flooring type. Hope this may give some clarity in deciding the flooring. Please let other readers know, how you concluded/arrived at flooring decision.
- Hard rock material, tough and more resistant to absorbs
- You will be amazed after seeing the patterns and colors of nature
- Can be used directly after purchasing from the shop
- Cost will be more compared to vitrified tiles and Granite
- Easy for maintenance when compared to other two options
- Very few chances are there to break and for scratches
- More durable for acid wash and rough usage
- In a case if you have sufficient budget, you can look for antiskid granite also. which is good for old age people. You may not get this in marble because of the
- Soft rock
- You need to lay the Marbles then polishing process will start. Initial laying process is more than granite and tiles
- Advantage is if you feel flooring lost it’s shining then you can do polishing one more time so that you will get the first look. This will be one advantage in case if you are going for a marble
- Generally cost wise it will be little lesser than granite but laying cost may vary.
- very fewer chances are there to break and for scratches but because of the soft nature, when compared to granite it is prone to scratches.
- If patterns are available in Marble, Marble Layer can create very nice patterns out of it
- Man made material
- Easily available in shops in all the areas and ready to install
- Same model/color/variety may not be available in the future for maintenance purpose
- easy to handle while laying process
- More joints will come. you will not get big dimensions like granite and marble
- While purchasing, if needed you can get huge quantities of same pattern/color
Climate will not be a main consideration if you prefer any one of the floor type but keep this in mind that this also plays an important role
- Marble will give you coldness. if you are in Hyderabad then it will be better to opt for a marble because temperatures are high in Hyderabad when compared to Bangalore
- If you are in Bangalore then you can opt for Granite because of cold weather nature.
It is purely on the personal choice, but you can conclude your decision based on following factors. List down your priorities based on below points and give percentage/marks to each point. Then you should be able to come to a conclusion.
- Maintenance standpoint with respect to cleaning
- Usage patterns like rough usage
- Family needs
- Your availability in the future in case of partial replacements
- Your available time during construction to get the material
- Environmental factors as explained above
If we have not included any other points please let me know through contact us form. We will include those points here.