How to find pit capacity/ How many literes pit will store
r – radius of cement ring
h – height of rings
22/7 – pie value (3.14)
- To find out your pit capacity first you need to have radius of cement ring and height of all rings
- Substitute all the values in above formula you will get the capacity of pit.
- 1 feet cube area(1′ length * 1′ width * 1′ height) will store upto 28 ltrs of water.
- So multiply your pit cubic area with 28 and you will get your pit storage capacity in liters
- Above formula will work only if your tank shape is in round shape
Activities for Pit construction:
- For pit you need to dig soil in circular shape
- After that circular cement rings will be placed into pit
- On top of the rings two rocks will be placed with 6″ hole.
<attach figure here>
- 6″ pipe need to be fixed in hole. This provision is required to clean pit without removing rocks.
- Pit cleaning machine will suck waste from this 6″ hole. you can see pit cleaning vehicle below