Granite will be available in different sizes
- These are big slabs. height will > ~ 5′ and length will > ~ 7′
- Thickness: 20 MM to 40MM
- height varies frrom 2.5′ to 4.5′ and length will > ~ 7′
- Thickness: Mostly 20 MM
- Tiles will be available in different sizes usually 2′ * 1′ , 2′ * 2′, 1.5′ * 1.5′
- Thickness: ~10 MM
- If this is the first time for you on granite slection
- Decide weather you are planning to go for slabs or tiles.
- Decide what is your range of the price you want to go with
- When you are clear with above two factors, ask vendors to show meterial in your budget and size of the slab/tile
- Visit all the granite vendors in one area and do take their visiting card. if you like granite colour, mention it’s name and get the best price from that vendor.
- Do collect this information from all vendors.
- Then decide granite based on colour/pattern, price, quality of the material and transportation
Points to Note:
- In some of the granite types iron content will be more. avoid taking them
- Before taking granite check whether it has any cracks. If cracks are there then vendor will not consider that portion in his measurement
- Since it is a natural stone you may not find similar pattern tomorrow. It differs from stone to stone. So when ever you are taking granite take every thing from one lot
Don’t purchase granite tiles which are unsized, these will take more effort of layer and more cutting cost
There are tiles with rough finish. vendors will get this roughness through flamming
- Flamed tiles are widely used in bath rooms and out side of the house or in passages
Granite gangsows will come in different finishings like mat finish which will avoid skidding